1Does my car need an emissions (smog) check?
You must complete an emission inspection if your renewal notice says “Smog Check Required” of if you are registering a newly-purchased vehicle that requires a test. Your vehicle must have be insured, and have valid registration or a movement permit to operate a vehicle on public streets. Passenger cars, trucks, Rvs and motor homes need an emissions test if they are powered by gasoline, in the urban areas of both Clark and Washoe county, if they are diesel powered and meet the vehicle weight rating requirements.
2How do I register my car?
The law requires vehicle owners to register their vehicle in the DMV before taking it on the road. Whether the vehicle is new or second-hand, it must be registered regardless of how it was purchased. New NV residents must register their vehicle in Nevada. The process of registering your vehicle in Nevada is different depending on whether you purchased your vehicle from an in-state dealer, an out-of-state dealer or a private individual. Requirements for new residents:
  • The vehicle must be inspected for the identification number. Once it has passed inspection, you will be issued and Nevada Vehicle Identification Certificate.
  • You must submit recent registration and out of state license plates.
  • If needed, you will have to submit the Nevada Emissions Vehicle
  • Inspection Report after an emission tests.
  • Present your documents to a DMV service location, provide proof of insurance, pay the registration fee.
3How do I change my address?
If you’ve moved to new address – you will need to notify the DMV or a DMV service location within 30 days of the move. You can make the change online, by mail, by fax, or in person.
4How do I get a handicapped placard or plate?
We can assist you with obtaining handicapped license plates and placards for cars and motorcycles. A licensed physician must certify an individual’s disability by completing the bottom half of the application form. Certain conditions apply. If you would like to obtain placards only, you must complete an application and present it to a full service DMV office, or County Assessor which offers vehicle registration services.
5How do I sell a vehicle?
When selling a vehicle in Nevada you will need to do the following:
  • Sign off on a the car certificate of title
  • Satisfy any liens on the vehicle
  • Summarize the sale by completing a Nevada bill of sale
  • Alert the Nevada DMV of the sale

1What are the requirements to get a license?
Before you take the driving test and obtain your driver’s license in Nevada, you must apply for an instruction permit which allows you to drive with a licensed driver. To apply, you must present proof of your identity, 2 documents proving your NV residency, pass a vision and knowledge exam, have your photo taken and pay the required fees. If you’re a teen driver, under the age of 18 you must complete a series of stages in order to obtain your first driver’s license:
  • Driver’s education
  • Learner’s permit
  • Restricted driver’s license
  • Full, unrestricted driver’s license
Nevada law mandates that Teen drivers under the age of 18 must present a signed DMV form 301 when applying for driver’s license. The new form verifies that the student meets the school attendance requirements.
2How do I get a duplicate license?
If you’ve lost your license in the state of NV you must report it to the NV DMV and to local authorities. Reporting a lost license will help to prevent identity theft and other possible activities. You can request a duplicate license through the NV DMV website, in person, or a DMV kiosk, or DMV service location.
3How do I change my name on my license or vehicle?
If you’re changing your name because of marriage, divorce or court-approved legal name change, you must change it with the Social Security Administration first. The DMV will electronically verify your name, date of birth and social security number. You must present your current license or ID and the original legal documents which authorize the change to the DMV or DMV service location, complete an Application for Driving Privileges or ID Card in advance.
4How do I renew my license?
You may receive a postcard asking you to renew you license in person. Unless you are an active-duty military member, you must follow the instructions to do so.You may renew your driver’s license with the access code that was included on the renewal notice and in most cases, you will receive a new license in the mail within 7-10 days. You may renew at Kiosk, in-person, or at a DMV service location.

1What kinds of tickets can you help with?
The circumstances surrounding each traffic ticket citation are different. Our experienced lawyers and defense experts will give you the professional advice and help you avoid costly consequences. There are three main types of Nevada traffic tickets. They are for:
  • Parking violations
  • Non-moving violations
  • Moving violations
We can assist with 2 Types of Traffic tickets:
  1. Tickets for moving violations
  2. Tickets for non-moving violations
2I forgot to pay my ticket, what do I do now?
Failing to respond to your traffic citation If you get a traffic ticket in Las Vegas and fail to do anything about it, you risk having a warrant issued for your arrest in Nevada. You must determine the municipality of county in which you received your NV ticket, provide your name, citation number and your NV driver’s license number. You can plead guilty, no contest, or not guilty. If you choose to plead no contest or guilty, you must pay the ticket find posted on your traffic citation. If you choose to plead “not guily” you must present your defense before the presiding court. Our experienced lawyers and defense experts will provide you with the professional advice and with our expertise; you will have the best chance of winning your case. It’s important to realize that having a serious conviction can have costly consequences that reach far beyond the original conviction.
3I have a DUI, what happens next?
In the state of Nevada and across the United States driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a serious offense that carries harsh penalties. If you’re arrested for a DUI offense, you can expect to spend some time at the police station and some time in court. If it is not your first conviction, you can face up to 1-6 years in prison, a fine of $2,000 to $5,000, possible suspension of your vehicle registration and your driver’s license may be revoked for up to 3 years.

1What is a Notary Public?
A notary public is a public servant appointed by state government to witness the signing of important documents and administer oaths.
2What does a notary public notarize?
A notary public notarizes any document in which an originator needs to ensure the integrity of the signer. A notary public can verify the identity of the signer and that they are signing knowingly and willingly. This process is used to deter the fraudulent execution of documents.
3How does a notary verify the identity of the signer?
A notary will ask a signer for a document such as a driver’s license or government –issued identification card that includes a photograph, signature, and some information describing a person.
4Can a Notary Public prepare or assist in the preparation of any documents?
No. A Notary public can only witness the signing of the documents, not assist in the preparation of any documents. This maintains the notary’s position as an impartial witness to the signing.
5Can I be refused a notarization?
A notary public may refuse to perform a notarization if he or she cannot be certain of a prospective signer’s identity, willingness, or understanding of what is happening at that moment. A notary may not notarize a document in which he or she has a financial interest.
6Can a notary certify a copy of a document?
Although state laws may vary, in general no. For vital records - documents as birth certificates and marriage certificates the requestor should visit the local agency that holds these documents, like a local county clerk. There are some limited instances when a notary may certify a copy, but it’s important to check with the notary of your state.

Our experts will answer your questions

stacey@dmvvegas.com | 702-882-6007

Fields marked with an * are required